Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's a leaf, no it's a stick, no it's a bug...


Lots of funny and strange critters in the forest. I have had a couple of days of starts and stops. Thursday I spent most of the morning searching shops in town for a generator only to find that there are none to be had this trip for some strange reason. So, Thursday afternoon I was troubleshooting the batteries for the equipment. While the instrument has batteries (phew), they don't last very long (~1 hr), so I have to time my sampling to catch the right part of the day. I did that yesterday morning only to find I was having additional problems, so yet another troubleshooting session at midday. Luckily by afternoon everything was working fine, so with a freshly charged instrument I got a good hour of field sampling in. I have another day of sampling today, and then back to Campinas to start some data analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment